Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Wednesday, January 12, 2011

December Daily day 8

Here's a look at day 8...another 3 page layout




the 2 page spread



page one is a Ali Edwards December Daily 6x8 template from Designer Digitals. I used "Merry and Bright" here. The intro page for day 8 had a diecut edge so I fussy cut the pic after I adhered it so they would match.

For page 2 I created a blank document in PS to fit the large box on my dated overlay page. I dropped my photo in and adjusted the width to fit. I filled the rest of the doc with a text box and printed the whole thing on photo paper. I filled the small box with a piece of Alpine Frost Foil paper from the Alpine Frost collection by SEI. The "bright tidings" card is a piece of packaging from the mini tree lights for Brecon's tree. I cut it out with decorative edge scissors and glued it down. :)
The journaling here reads:Brecon’s advent activity today was to get a little tree for his room. We went Christmas shopping in the morning and by the time we got around to looking for his tree he wasn’t too excited about it. Once we got it out at home though he decided it was “so cool, Mom!” We decorated it together with the tiny ornaments. He loved the little battery powered lights. He ran upstairs when we were done to pick the perfect spot for his “baby tree” and had to be sure Waddles got a good look at it. When it was all set up he wanted to keep decorating, so we put up his nativity stickers in the family room. We talked about the nativity story while we put it up and he loved hearing about all the different people who came to visit baby Jesus. He put the star up and was so excited. “Look, Mom. The new star in the sky, like Samuel!” Did I mention our kid is smart? He was a pretty happy boy today...we even got some snuggle time before bed.


On page 3 I added a couple of digital word brushes to the pics, printed them at 4x6 and adhered them to the back of page 2...easy! Supplies: Happy Holidays and Ordinary December digital brushes from the Ali Edwards Handdrawn Holiday set at Designer Digitals


No comments:

Post a Comment