Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Saturday, January 22, 2011

DD day 10

Hello! another December Daily page to share

I loved this project because it allowed me to do little pages that focused on individual people or places in a festive setting! Day 10 was one of these...I decided to do a layout about a very important place to our family (Casa Mexico) and our wonderful friends there.


Day 10



Since day 10 had a transparency it was a 2 page layout. For page one I created a 5.5x6.25 doc in photoshop to fit the large box of the dated overlay. I dropped this sweet pic of all the kids in the top and filled the rest with a text box for the journaling. The "love" I just typed big in a new layer with CK Ali's handwriting font (available on her blog) and turned the layer opacity down to about 20%. Then I printed the pic on photo paper and the journaling right onto the overlay page. The small box is another photo from our night at Casa. Every year they hang a ton of ball ornaments from the ceiling and we've always loved that, so I wanted to include it.

The journaling here reads: Casa is a very special place. For the last 7 years we have come here nearly every Friday night. This was the first restaurant any of the grand kids ever went to. It was the first public outing for the twins. Devin has his own “button” for his special quesadillas. They miss us when we don’t make it. When we get takeout they label our dinners by name, They even write “hi Bubba” on his cheese taco. We celebrate and play here. We have wonderful friends here. They laugh with us, hug us and hold our kids. Lidia and Hector are our neighbors & the first people we think of to take “boo” treats and Christmas plates. We are all friends on Facebook. We’ve watched Adan grow up. Devin makes cookies to bring for special occasions. Hector wrestles with the boys. Lidia asks after every one of us. The family was invited to Devin’s graduation - and they came. Ernesto has brought us sweet & thoughtful gifts more than once from his trips home to Mexico. Iris and I talk about scrapbooking. Carlos jokes with Joe and talks football with us. We share news, talk about kids, cheer for BSU. This whole family have become dear friends & we love them.This isn’t a restaurant to us anymore. This is having dinner with friends every Friday night




Page 2 was made with an Ali Edwards December Daily 6x8 template from Designer Digitals. This one was "Holiday Traditions". I used the eraser tool to remove the text from the template and used the "family and friends" brush from the Ali Edwards Hand Drawn Holiday set from Designer Digitals. I used different layers to put the journaling around the edge of the page.

The Journaling here reads:Beki had her first real piano gig at Casa tonight. She played 3 hours of Christmas songs and even sang some. She was a bit nervous, which is unusual for her, but she did a great job, everyone really enjoyed it. She even made $ 78 in tips! Mel,Heather, Nan, Brady and Baby Jimmy came to see her too, so it was an extra treat! Ernesto says she can play any time!




Page 2 with the intro to day 11.

I really loved this page since it allowed me to capture a memory that was bigger than just Christmas or just this year. It's a part of our lives I want to remember and this was a great start.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment