Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Sunday, January 30, 2011

December Daily day 13

Hello Day 13! You feel like a long time ago already!







Day 13 had a transparency intro page and I wanted to show it here since I loved the little "peeks" you can see of the page behind. I wasn't sure I was going to like that, but I do.


Page 1 with the transparency open. I loved that snowflake lace. Just realized how horrible this pic is! Wow. I really wanted to scan the pages in, but there is some trick to getting my scanner to actually "work" that I haven't discovered yet...need to get back on that...


A closer look at page 1. I actually didn't use a December Daily template for this page . (I know its shocking...but don't worry, there's one on page 2. ) I really like this little journaling tag and it fit perfectly on the dated overlay page. Printing my photos as 2x2 squares left just enough room for the journaling card. I measured the blank spot and created a doc that size in photoshop. I used my favorite wonderful trick again (printing on plain paper and taping the journal tag over top and printing again...how I love this) and it turned out so so great. I really liked using the little box on the bottom for my titles, though it did make my album a little lopsided. Ah well.
The journaling reads: Brecon is big enough this year that we wanted to teach him about doing service during the holidays. We decided to pick out a toy to give to a local charity. Brecon chose a Chick Hicks car launcher. When we went to Walmart the next day we found out Wow 104.3 was doing a promotion for the Boise Mission charity. Their DJ Dan Matthews is spending 104 hours in a tent in front of Walmart collecting donations. We decided this was a perfect place to donate our toy. The radio guys took pictures of Brecon putting the toy in the bucket and getting a high five from Dan Matthews. They put 2 of the pictures up on their website and I grabbed them to use here. Brecon loved showing off his picture on the computer. He was excited that they made a big deal of his donation. I know he doesn’t get it yet. He doesn’t know it’s important to help. But now he knows its fun, and that’s a start.

Supplies for page 1: Journaling card from the Christmas Wishes collection Journaling Tablet by Deja Views; Mistletoe Argyle paper from the Mistletoe collection by Making Memories; rubon letters in Jack Jr by American Crafts; "delight" thickers in leaf by American Crafts; red Mark-it pen by Bic


Here is my trust December Daily template! The word art is another brush from the Ali Edwards Hand Drawn Holiday set by Designer Digital.
I love this picture. This is Brecon with Dan Matthews, a DJ from 104.3 here in Boise. He was so excited that Brecon had picked something himself to give as a donation and the guys at the booth took several pictures of him talking to Dan. He also announced Brecon's name on the radio. The pics were posted on the radio station's website and Brecon was very excited to so famous!




No comments:

Post a Comment