Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Monday, January 31, 2011

December Daily day 14

Day 14 was a rough day, both to live through -in an I have a 3 year old sort of way- and to scrap. But I ended up being very happy with the layout though.



Day 14 was probably my favorite intro page, so I had to share it again. Since its not a transparency this was a 3 page layout.



The 2 page spread- I actually took the picture before I had it complete...whoops.


Page 1 - another full photo page- these full shots ended up being one of my favorite elements in my album. I was so pleased with this pic. I asked Joe to sneak a picture of the two of us at some point unannounced and it happened to be a really sweet time together. I used one of the full pic templates from the Ali Edwards December Daily 6x8 templates from Designer Digitals and used the eraser tool to take the text off the template. I replaced it with the Love You brush from a freebie set Ali Edwards offered on her blog - she is so great, have I mentioned this?

Another smug Photoshop day for me, since I've never had any training on it and have had to figure stuff out on my own. So, this is how I did it...a much easier method almost certainly exists. I created a 6x8 doc in photoshop so my sizes would be right, dropped the color photo into it and got it arranged and sized the way I wanted. Next I created a copy of the picture layer and used the convert to black and white command on this copy layer. Finally I took the eraser tool and, working on the black and white layer, I erased the shape of Brecon's hat, allowing the color on the layer below to show through. Yay! Love how it looks with the over lay and brush. Of course, I had to do all these adjustments before adding the picture to the template...a frustrating truth I've learned through trial and error...


Page 2 was super simple. I created a doc in photoshop to fit the large box of the dated over lay page and added the sketch star brush from the Ali Edwards Christmas Celebrations Elements Pack from Designer Digitals. I turned the opacity on this layer down to about 20% so it was a soft grey background. Then I added my journaling (a little note to Brecon) in a text box on top of the star and printed it all right onto my dated overlay page. I signed the note by hand. Other supplies: buttons -Splendid Treasures from the Artsy licious Kohl collection by Chatterbox; floss-DMC; this is gorgeous embossed cardstock that I know I got at Archiver's. But since my sister and I used literally every scrap we bought I can't find anything that tells me the name or company. I'll figure it out.




Brecon loves to have me set up my camera timer and take pictures together. So I included a couple of these silly shots for page 3. Just dropped a couple of photos onto a 6x8 blank doc and added a Peace & Joy green twill from the Ali Edwards Christmas Twill from Designer Digitals

I am also happy to report that the album is VERY nearly finished! It has been rough getting the motivation to finish it up when I got behind those last few days. Apparently I am one of those people who loves Christmas, but is so done with it once the day is over...who knew.



No comments:

Post a Comment