Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Monday, January 10, 2011

December Daily Day 6

Two days in a row! Crazy, right?


Day 6 "a day for warmth" ...another 3 page layout




Page one was made with an Ali Edward's December Daily 6x8 template. (Good Cheer I think) I turned the overlay layer off and just printed the pics and cut them out. Supplies: Mini mark rubon letters in Hildi by American Crafts; Jewelry Box Thickers in Chestnut by American Crafts
a closer look


page 2 is another DD template. This one is "Peace and Joy". I turned the overlay layer off again and flipped the whole template vertically then added a text box at the bottom just big enough to fit the largest box on my dated overlay page. Printed the pics on photo paper and the text on cardstock. Supplies: Ferris Wheel paper from the Carnival Ride collection by Scrap Within Reach (I used the back); open house paper from the Jack + Abby Collection by KI memories; Stickles in gold by Ranger
The journaling here reads: Today seemed like a day to be cozy. Spent some time doing the Birthday puzzle Brecon got from “Uncle Mel.” I need to be better about saying yes to this puzzle, he loves it. Comfort food sounded perfect. Joe was extra happy to have chicken parmesan since I don’t make it often. The advent tag today said “read about Samuel the Lamanite,” so I threw together a quick family home evening. Joe read part of Helaman 14 to us and Brecon held the picture of Samuel. With Brecon’s knight cape, the pool toy bow & arrow & some paper “rocks” we acted out the story of Samuel on the wall. He told “Daddy the Nephite” to be good, that baby Jesus was coming soon and there will be a new star in the sky! Daddy shot the arrows and threw rocks, but our Samuel was protected. Brecon loved it & insisted on acting it out 3 times. It has been so special to me watching Brecon learn more about the gospel lately & to see him interested in it. I love that he is learning the real reason behind Christmas. A very good day: warm home, warm bellies, warm hearts.

a closer look at this super cute embossed paper
page 3 love love love this pic - another DD template- good cheer again...this time I turned off all the photo layers and used it as a full page pic overlay instead. Love how this turned out.
Very happy with this layout. I think it captured (for me) a sweet memory of a really good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment