Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Monday, January 10, 2011

December Daily day 7

Hello Day 7! Very very late!
This layout was really fun because I got to do something special to celebrate my sweet hubby. It ended up being a 4 page layout (sorta).


first 2 pages


this is the back of the transparency intro page for day 7...I measured my little journal spot and created a new canvas in photoshop to fit it, wrote my journaling and printed it on plain paper. Then I used masking tape to adhere the journal spot over the printed area so it matched up exactly and printed it again. Voila! Looks like I used a typewriter on this little paper. I was so excited at how well this trick worked. I was a little worried this first time, but it works like magic and I've done it on at least 10 pages in here since.



Page 2 is a mutated DD template again. Love these! I used the All is Bright template and turned off the bottom 3 photo spots so the grid would fit on my dated overlay page. Next I used the eraser tool to erase the text from the template over lay and replaced it with a brush from Ali Edward's Handdrawn Holiday set from Designer Digitals. Printed it all on photo paper, cut them out and arranged them on patterned paper. Supplies: Ali Edwards December Daily 6x8 templates from Designer Digitals; Handrawn Holiday brush by Ali Edwards; Christmas Morning paper from the Chrismas Traditions collection by Fancy Pants Design; Tis the Season tag from Jovial diecut cardstock by Basic Grey.

2nd half of the layout...all about Daddy :)


The new expansion set for World of Warcraft came out on this day so I wanted to do something to remember it for Joe (and me lol). I found a WoW font (called Morpheus) at dafont.com and found the Alliance crest at a free clipart site. This page was made with the "good cheer" template. I erased the text from the overlay and changed the color to purple and added my own text title. I added the lion crest and turned the opacity down on that layer to make it fade a bit.




This pocket is the cd sleeve from my copy of the game expansion. I thought it would be fun to include it as a little memorabilia piece and hide the journaling inside. Supplies: Dark Autumn Red cardstock from Colormates; office tab from the Jovial set by Basic Grey





Here's my little journaling block taken out of the cd sleeve...journaling reads:
Truth be told, today was Joe’s Christmas. After months of waiting Cataclysm is finally here. Joe went out just before midnight to pick up our copies and we waiting impatiently for the expansion to go live. Red, Star and Shad were all on too. It took forever for Joe to get logged in and we joked that after all Joe’s waiting and excitement I’d be able to get in first -I did. lol. We all ran around together (along with half the world...server was CROWDED!) and got into a new dungeon as fast as we could. First attempt on our first boss of Cata, Star and I get shot into lava and freeze up the game. Every time I logged back on it disconnected me. So much for all night gaming! Joe stayed up late and had his free day today. He played most of the day with Red, Star and Shad and got Axxell a couple of levels. And he was WONDERFUL since he came down to help with wild kids several times without being asked even though it was his one free day and I wouldn’t have been mad! The expansion is pretty crazy. Destruction and mayhem. Vanilla WoW was almost totally destroyed. It’s like starting over. He said it was a great day. It was nice to see such a big day long smile. He was like a kid at Christmas.


There we have it...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment