Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Monday, January 31, 2011

December daily day 15 and plans for the blogging future

Welcome to day 15...the light at the end of the tunnel has appeared! AND, I finished page 23 tonight...almost done!


A 3 page layout again... this time about a nice day out with Brecon. :)



Page one is a combo of 2 templates from the Ali Edwards December Daily 6x8 templates from Designer Digitals - "tis the season" and "peace and joy". I liked the photo layout on peace and joy so I turned off the overlay on that one and flipped it vertically to switch things up a bit. Then I put the "tis the season" overlay on top. Once my pictures were in place I added the Christmas Words Twill from the Ali Edwards Christmas Twill set from Designer Digitals. These were fun photos from a trip to Barnes and Noble...the kiddo loves it there. Train table and cocoa in one
spot!!! We took turns taking each others picture at the cafe...the black and white shot is one he took.



Page 2- went pretty simple here...for once! Just made a doc in photoshop to fit the large box and filled the center area with a text box. I used the georgia font for my journaling and then used CK Ali's Handwriting (available here) to highlight some key words. I wanted them to stand out a little more so I turned them read and bumped up the font size. Dropped a couple of cute Katie Pertiet elements on and done. The title in the small box comes from my boy. He sang this phrase all day to anyone who would listen to about a million different tunes. Too sweet. I especially wanted to remember that part of our day and a title seemed a good way to do it.

Supplies for page 2: little girl sticker and silver tree charm from Katie Pertiet's Christmas Memories Collection from Designer Digitals; red ribbon from Katie Pertiet's Old Time Christmas Kit from Designer Digitals; Merry Border Strip paper, Merry Christmas Alpha stickers and Merry Christmas Element Stickers from the Merry Christmas collection by Echo Park Paper Co



Page 3 Love. Another favorite pic from this year. I loved that he wanted to wear that hat every where we went. This was made with the "wonderful memories" December Daily template. I wanted the little text box on top so I just flipped the overlay. I decided to swap out the text too since I'd already used this template once. I erased the text and used the "Merry Christmas to you" brush from the Ali Edwards Hand Drawn Holiday set from Designer Digitals. Love how the red overlay pops on this photo.

There we go, another day down...
So I have lots of ideas for expanding the blog topics here. So far its obviously been heavy on the DD, but that's why I started the blog, so there ya go. But as I near completion of that project I'd like to move on to some other things. I'm going to start with a "nom nom monday" post each week to share a favorite recipe. I'm also taking Ali Edwards' One Little Word class and I'm sure discussions on that will pop up too. I'd love to do some book reviews and ideas as well. I up for suggestions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment