Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Monday, December 6, 2010

December Daily day 4

Greetings from Day 4!


The "intro page" for day 4 from the foundation



I loved the green snowflake paper and didn't want to cover it up so I printed my journaling on vellum so it would show through. Love how it turned out. I also borrowed a couple ideas from Ali Edwards' album on this spread by printing a larger photo (the one of Brecon with the lights) adhering it to cardstock and including it as its own mini-page.



the journaling page on vellum. supplies: ultra light vellum in white by Paper Accents; fonts: Georgia and CK_Alis_Hand_official (a free font Ali Edwards designed for Creating Keepsakes and makes avaliable on her blog; green snowflake paper from the Yuletide Designer Paper Pad by K & Co.


the right side page with small photo flap closed




a close up of the photo flap page. the twine lacing came about because of a goof...punched the first hole in a bad spot and didn't want to start over on the whole mini-page, so I punched another one and laced some cute twine through them- problem solved! supplies: cardstock in berry by Colormates; Bean Stalks red baker's twine by Jillibean soup; "the magic" acetate diecut from the Yuletide Words and Tags pack by K & Co.



Back of the photo flap page- another sweet idea from Ali Edwards (thanks, Ali!) -a letter to my boy. I think the rub-ons here are from Basic Grey.



Day 4 dated overlay page (photo flap open) - its hard to see here (these pics are awful!) but if you look closely at the pic of Brecon putting the tree section on top you can see the BSU game on in the background! Supplies: tree charms by Making Memories; chipboard stars from the Jovial collection by Basic Grey; white/red swirl paper from the Yuletide Designer Paper Pad by K&Co; red dot paper is the back side of Tis the Season stripe from the Christmas Delight collection by Little Yellow Bicycle



This is an awful picture of this page, it really turned out very pretty in person...this is the back side of the dated over lay page. I used an Ali Edwards December Daily 6x8 layered template and turned it white. I turned out the lights and took the picture with no flash. It was a great excuse to break out the tri-pod I got for my birthday last week! ;)




a shot of the tree page with the intro to day 5...I kinda like how it looks together
The journaling from the vellum page reads:
We spent the entire day together just the three of us. That is so rare for us! We had a lazy sort of day, taking most of the afternoon to put up the tree. This is our second year with a fake tree which Joe loves, since he hates tree shopping, but I’m still kind of torn. Going out to buy the tree was one of my favorite parts of the season. But, our tree looks beautiful, fake or not and Brecon had a great time decorating. It was a very slow process since we were watching the last Boise State game of the season while we decorated. Joe and I set up the base and arranged all the little branches so the tree was nice and fat, which I insist on in a tree. :) It was Brecon’s special job to put the little “baby tree” section on top. I love the globe lights we have and we still use the beads Joe picked out for our first Christmas together. One of my favorite things about decorating is bringing out the Hallmark ornaments we’ve collected since Beki was born. I love to see them all and remember the Christmases they came from. And it is always a little surprise to be reminded of the one we got last year. I always seem to forget. Brecon was thrilled to see his 2009 ornament: a windup train that plays music. He loves the ornaments that do things. He’s been pretending to bake cookies in my little oven, opening and closing the door, and checking on the latch to my little heart ornament. He got to put the star on top (with help from Daddy,) and loves to turn the lights on for us.
This day was WAY more work than I'm hoping to do for most days. (simplify, Erika, sheesh!) But I figure hey, the tree's a big deal, right? I will not make myself crazy doing this album. On to day 5!







No comments:

Post a Comment