Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Monday, December 6, 2010

DD day 2

Hello Day 2! Here's the layout:



This is my day 2 "intro" page from the foundation





Day 2: the 2 page layout- day 2 ended up being almost entirely digital, which is totally new for me.



The left side page was made with an Ali Edwards 6x8 December Daily layered template from Designer digitals.



The right hand page was made in photoshop too. The "peace" brush is from the Ali Edwards Painted Christmas Words brush set from Designer Digitals. The paper at the bottom is "green snowflake" from the Noel set by Making Memories. I also added some tickets from the Findings Kit from the same collection.


A close up of the right side page. Love this pic.
The journaling reads:
When December hits I always want the everyday world to stop so we can just do fun holiday things. I’d love to give up on all the housework & just bake, play and craft all day. I know how crazy that is. December comes and the laundry still piles up, the dishes still need washing, and baking still takes back seat to rushed dinners. And for us December means Fed Ex gets crazy and unpredictable. We planned on putting the tree up tonight, but the front counter got backed up and Joe didn’t get home til almost 8:30. No way Brecon would last that long so he’d eaten and had his bath long before Daddy got there. So no tree today. No big holiday activity. But Joe was so happy to be home, excited to see us and hear about our day. Brecon demonstrated the advent we managed to get hung up and was very smug about the snazzy new Christmas jammies he picked out. He showed them off by dancing to holiday music on the radio while Daddy ate dinner. Then he was ready for a snuggle before bed. So, the everyday is what we did today. We did the laundry, dishes and cooking. And we laughed. Good enough for me.
On to day 3!




No comments:

Post a Comment