Welcome!





I'm a wife and a stay at home mom to one sweet boy. I love to read, take photos, scrapbook, cook and spend time with my family. This is my place to keep track of it all!







Thursday, November 25, 2010

the Deadline

I told myself when I started the December Daily project that I wanted my foundation finished by Thanksgiving. I got a later start than I would have liked with a sick kiddo and a sick me and then helped my sister and sister-in-law start on their own (which was really fun!). But, thanks to a helpful family and boy worn out from Turkey day tonight, I got really close to meeting my deadline.

I decided since it's my first DD project (and because I thought it was amazing) that I would follow Ali's album design pretty closely. I'm fairly new at all this scrapping stuff, and certainly not creative or confident enough to come up with things completely from scratch. I'm all about borrowing ideas at this point. So I don't feel too bad for being a little un-original this time around. Ali's album consists of a transparency with a day number followed by a cream cardstock page printed with a December Daily overlay. She's going to either add things directly to the cardstock or use the overlay digitally. I love her designs and the versatility within a framework idea.



Since I had trouble finding transparencies I used some patterned paper too. I finished the "transparency" pages tonight! Here is my stack so far...going to post my foundation pages over the next few days.




I've been playing with all kinds of new techniques and tools, so this has been a really fun project. I'm still deciding on my album cover, but here is what I'm leaning toward at the moment...




My new deadline is for the end of the week :) I'm pretty confident I can get the rest done by then...

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That looks like a ton of fun! can't wait to see how it turns out! I love that polka-dot flourish under the "25" :) Very pretty! 'Gratz on the blog. . . I will "follow" you! Yay

    ReplyDelete